• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Beginner needs help

JoNIKaH

Lurker
Aug 4, 2010
Hello everyone,
So basically I have one problem that leads to several others. I want to start developing Android apps and games. Just that I am lost... I`m looking for tutorials for dummies, for people who have literally NO experience with either JAVA or Eclipse.
I also have signed up for Android Inventor but have not recieved an invite and from what I have read so far its good only for making small and not very complex apps.
I do have programming experience, none of it which I think is relevant right now and as I said I`m looking forward to develop my first game. A Worms like game that is. Next to learning how to code for Android , I`d also like to know if the game is 2D are there any required specs for graphics ? And does the SDK help with animations or they have to be developed separately with the static images?

If you haven`t realised by now, i`m a complete n00b but really determined to come up with at least one working app.
Thanks and hope I got the right forum section to post

P.S. I understand there is a lot to know and learn before producing anything worth installing on a phone, but all I`m looking for is explanations and details for dummies :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones