• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Behold 2.....

DGarmon

Mar 12, 2010
Texas
OK Guys, I know it sucks big time for the Behold2 to not be getting the 2.1 update. But you know that the work that BH-MAN\Eugene and others has done to make our phones really great is still there. Some of us, like myself included, can't just upgrade our phones at the drop of a hat no matter the reason why not (just got my phone in Mar), we just can't. So there still is a lot of things that can be done, maybe not OS wise, but there still is other things. One would be is themes, Meta-morph seems to be a great way to start, or other means also. I know I have seem custom Themes that you guys have made for both the versions of 1.6 with\with twiz and the Galaxy ROMs. Why do we just have to give up? I know I'm pissed too about not getting the latest and greatest but we still do have an awesome Phone in my opinion. There's no reason to give up. I saw on Aspin that if BH_man does get a new phone, maybe he can give an advanced user his resources\files.

Of course this is just my opinion....
:cool:

Reactions: suyash1
Yes we could, but there isn't a whole lot to work with without the source files from samsung. We could keep doing minor updates here and there, but without new features to work with/implement, there isn't much to do. BH MAN has pretty much made our phone awesome with the current android version (1.6). Without future updates, he can't really do much else. If you call t-mobile and be nice, you can get a lot further :p Personal experience. If you start asking how much the contract cancellation fee is and say that you are highly considering it, you also get pretty far. Say it in a nice way. I just got my phone in february too. Just say you can send the phone back in completely wiped with all of the stuff that came with it, if you can get the credit back towards whichever phone you want (probably will have to re-extend 2 years). It's not really t-mobiles fault IMO... It's all Samsung.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones