• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

being scammed by samsung

Hi so I thought I would post this because I am having a hard time with Samsung. I have a samsung captivate. It is a terrible phone of course, but at least mine worked...until recently. It wouldn't make calls any more. I was told by both At&t and samsung that it was mandatory to get the 2.3 update (gingerbread), which totally bricked my phone during the update. Samsung told me to send it in and it would be covered since I was told to get the update by them. A week and a half later I get a bill in my inbox for more than I paid for the phone saying there was a hardware issue that was the cause of not being able to go from 2.2 to 2.3 and that it wasn't covered. I of course called to dispute this and they refuse to tell me what the hardware issue is! I couldn't believe it! The note the 3 people I got bounced around to said there was a hardware issue preventing the update from 2.2 to 2.3. How can a hardware issue prevent the software update? They wouldn't give me any more information. They said either pay or we are sending you back your dead phone. They wouldn't even put it back on 2.2. I asked to speak to a supervisor and that request was denied. They sent me to another department and that person had no other information and he too refused to let me speak to a supervisor! How can they do this? They are scamming me and I want to know what action I can take. If anyone has any advice, I would be glad to hear it. At&t said they couldn't help me because it was an issue with samsung.

Hi so I thought I would post this because I am having a hard time with Samsung. I have a samsung captivate. It is a terrible phone of course, but at least mine worked...until recently. It wouldn't make calls any more. I was told by both At&t and samsung that it was mandatory to get the 2.3 update (gingerbread), which totally bricked my phone during the update. Samsung told me to send it in and it would be covered since I was told to get the update by them. A week and a half later I get a bill in my inbox for more than I paid for the phone saying there was a hardware issue that was the cause of not being able to go from 2.2 to 2.3 and that it wasn't covered. I of course called to dispute this and they refuse to tell me what the hardware issue is! I couldn't believe it! The note the 3 people I got bounced around to said there was a hardware issue preventing the update from 2.2 to 2.3. How can a hardware issue prevent the software update? They wouldn't give me any more information. They said either pay or we are sending you back your dead phone. They wouldn't even put it back on 2.2. I asked to speak to a supervisor and that request was denied. They sent me to another department and that person had no other information and he too refused to let me speak to a supervisor! How can they do this? They are scamming me and I want to know what action I can take. If anyone has any advice, I would be glad to hear it. At&t said they couldn't help me because it was an issue with samsung.

Not much you can do but get a new phone and refuse to buy Samsung products ever again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones