• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best app for destroying background proccesses?

Jul 5, 2010
Hey what is the best app for this?

I'm using advanced task killer to kill the tasks, and then it seems when i check back there are 12-14 apps open. wtf>:|

It's destroying my battery. I used startup cleaner to clean up start up, hopefully that'll be useful.

but i'm just trying to keep things as streamlined as possible, seems liek a lot of apps dont like to not be active:eek:

Honestly, from what I've been able to tell, it's not the apps in the background that are destroying your battery. It's the task killer. The background apps aren't doing anything but sitting in the memory, which, so far as I've read, doesn't actually use the battery. Every time they reload after the task killer kills them, though, uses battery power.

Android kills the processes on its own if it needs the memory for something else you're doing.

I've used task killers before, and now I don't. My phone runs more smoothly and the battery lasts longer now without them.

Upvote 0
Just installed that app, it seems that the only things really taking up my cpu were the android OS, a game i left open(jewels @ 1% cpu), accounts & sync( at about 1-2%) and OS monitor(is that because it's the running app?) I had a lot of procccesses open, about 50 or 60. hmm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones