• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Mobile Question

lilpadfoot16

Jan 8, 2011
After the Best Buy Mobile guy tried to void my warranty, I decided to wait and see if the detached camera lens cover would get worse or not. (For anyone who didn't see that thread, my Incredible's camera lens cover detached and cracked on the inside.)

It seems to be sinking in more and making the cracks worse as well as having a small piece of debris that appears to be a hair or small string inside, and after seeing another Incredible that had a nice study feeling lens cover, I caved and went to Verizon to see what they could do for me, though I have no insurance plan through them. The tech looked at it, asked me to show him what was happening, and after showing someone in the side room, told me he could get me a same make/model phone sent out. He was even able to change the address from the billing one (3 hours away) to where I'm currently living. I'm assuming it's a refurb, as my receipt had CLNR on it, but I'll have to wait til Tuesday or so to see. My phone isn't even five months old yet, so I'm hoping it's a decent refurb, as my phone is in PERFECT condition besides the lens cover.

My question here is, will Best Buy still honor my "insurance" with them down the line if something happens other than a manufacturer defect with the refurb or should I cancel the insurance?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones