• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best buy selling phone for $99!?

BBY - Verizon Thunderbolt by HTC FAQ - Best Buy Community

Check that out.

Also, @Project...just trying to save you and the guys at your BB the hassle. They won't honor it, dont waste your time.

understood & appreciated

just have to consider all options at this point--as i'm taking into account
1)Sprint ETF
2) last Sprint bill
3)cost of phone
4) cost of 1st month service
5) activation fee
6) tax

with all these (powers) combined, it makes for one hefty payout that i have to justify :)

Upvote 0
understood & appreciated

just have to consider all options at this point--as i'm taking into account
1)Sprint ETF
2) last Sprint bill
3)cost of phone
4) cost of 1st month service
5) activation fee
6) tax

with all these (powers) combined, it makes for one hefty payout that i have to justify :)

if you buy it on the vzw website you wont pay the activation fee or taxes FYI and the first month bill is retro and added to your second bill... (pretty sure thats all correct)

Reactions: project.in.process
Upvote 0
Not happening, but if you wanna hassle them in to it, may be. I highly doubt they will reduce the already reduced contract price to begin with. Mistakes are made and companies back out of them all the time.

yeah, completely understandable. worked for Target for several years in Electronics--i know flubs happen. just nice to be on the other side of the Circular in one of these rare cases :)

remember, HP--or, Sony? whatever company said they'd refund everyone's money if some team won the superbowl--and they did...
fine print on that contract: "product must be registered by (like 4 months prior to superbowl)"--so few people actually got their $.

and the other time BB had a misprint on an HDTV pricing it to $9.99 and everyone & their mother ordered one online @ that price--and it had to go before a court to rule if BB had to honor the misprint price (http://www.nbcwashington.com/the-scene/shopping/Best-Buy-Bummer-999-HDTVs-an-Error-53043522.html)...

hm...i need to do research for Thursday.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones