• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Staff told late April for Bionic Release!!

I met a staff member who was off work, but had her uniform on. Got to talking about the Bionic and the release date. She said they weren't given an exact date, but told to expect it late April. So it seems like the rumor of April 21st could be true. Pretty excited*.

*Upgrading from a BB Curve with no Data plan on At&t. You thought you had it bad...

Wouldn't trust Best buy with release date information after the Thunderbolt debacle.

Yeah, you do realize all she is doing is going off rumors...

They have never released info to Best Buy unless they are also releasing it for the public due to this exact fact, it gets leaked.

And this comes from working there for 3 years.

They are just speculating just like us.

Upvote 0

They have never released info to Best Buy unless they are also releasing it for the public due to this exact fact, it gets leaked.

Way to rain on my parade. haha I guess we'll just have to wait for verizon/motorola. I'm still betting on late April though

Upvote 0
Couldn't you Best Buy people just lie to us and tell us that it's a trusted source that we can count on? Everyday that goes by tarnishes ever so slightly the fond memory I'm trying to have of my OG.

Seriously, the OG Droid is a beast, I dropped it twice onto concrete the other day and not a single nick or scratch on it.

Come on Moto stop being douchenozzles!!!!

Upvote 0
Seriously, the OG Droid is a beast, I dropped it twice onto concrete the other day and not a single nick or scratch on it.

Come on Moto stop being douchenozzles!!!!

Oh for sure, it's a tank. Have loved this thing since I got it on Day 1, and it's taken this long for a phone to come around that makes me actually want to replace it.

Def time for me to move on, though.

Upvote 0
Oh for sure, it's a tank. Have loved this thing since I got it on Day 1, and it's taken this long for a phone to come around that makes me actually want to replace it.

Def time for me to move on, though.

What makes you want to replace it?

To be honest the ONLY thing I dislike is I have gotten so fast on typing on the on-screen keyboard that the phone lags behind me...

Upvote 0
What makes you want to replace it?

To be honest the ONLY thing I dislike is I have gotten so fast on typing on the on-screen keyboard that the phone lags behind me...

It's not fast enough, even when OCed. I've had mine rooted for well over a year now, I'm very familiar with all the tips and tricks to get optimized performance. But it's hit a ceiling. 256mb of RAM is just not enough anymore, and these new phones, speed is not an issue.

Also, rooting has been a liability with both my OG and the g/f's DInc. Eventually, ROMs slow down, sometimes to a crawl. They'll be freezes, reboots, lags. And there's always having to setup your phone after each flash (if you're going from diff ROMs). And it always seems to happen when we actually really need the phone to perform. I'm thinking if I could just flash a theme over a phone that already outperforms all in it's class, I can def be happy for a year.

Upvote 0

This is not entirely true. Inventory has to be updated in their systems. I have seen examples of this anywhere from a week and up to a month before release on phones. I'm not saying we should believe the employee mentioned for sure, just that what you said is not specifically true in all cases.

Upvote 0
Couldn't you Best Buy people just lie to us and tell us that it's a trusted source that we can count on? Everyday that goes by tarnishes ever so slightly the fond memory I'm trying to have of my OG.

I worked at Best Buy for 2 years. I PROMISE YOU THEY DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING!!

They're not even suppose to look at the Sunday ad before Sunday! I promise promise promise you, even the managers DO NOT KNOW.

Reactions: rushmore
Upvote 0
If there is one thing that I have learned about Best Buy, after waiting for the Thunderbolt to FINALLY be released, is that everything is a rumor until it's in an HTC press release, or it's physically in your hands. Ignore BB ads, pricing, websites, BGR, everything. Unless you physically have the device in your hands, or you hear it straight from HTC's mouth, don't believe it. If you followed the HTC fiasco, bad information was getting spread almost every day because someone has a friend of a friend of a friend who knew someone that worked at VZW corporate one time, and they promised it would be out in a week. I'm not saying don't anticipate the release of the phone, but there were alot of people who were getting pissed off at HTC for these "delays". Which, I might add, weren't delays in all actuality for the simple reason that the only official word was Q1 2011, which they delivered on.

Reactions: jreed2560
Upvote 0
I just hope this device doesn't turn into one that gets "delayed" over and over again. I'm happy with my 'bolt, but my brother is joining my family plan when he gets done with college and moves to Baltimore. He wants the Bionic, so I figured I would start following this forum as well.

I hate following the roadmaps, and leaked docs, because no matter how sound and concrete a release date seems, there is always a chance it won't drop on that date. What pointed you to an April release for VZW?

Upvote 0
Seems May is the release month, simply due to the road map already leaked that fits every product release so far. Instead, VZW will probably release the old-tech Xperia Play that plays PS1 games.

WHAT a April release for VZW!!! ;)

Ya but I believe the Road Map only fit the release dates of products that were already out, ie if someone made that up, of course they'd have those dates correct

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones