• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

best case for KFHD 8.9 ?

My recommendation is to be sure to buy one that turns the kindle on/off whenever you open it. This is important since the on/off button is hard to locate. Also be sure to read the reviews to ensure that the kindle can be plugged in while in the case and charged. Useless if you must remove the case every time you charge.

I personally own Amazon's case:

Amazon.com: Amazon Kindle Fire HD 8.9" Standing Leather Case, Ink Blue (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 8.9"): Kindle Store

and really like it. However many may feel it is too expensive.

Upvote 0
I reviewed three cases and kept two of the three. The Poetic KeyBook Bluetooth Keyboard Case which has the sleep/wake function and a removable keyboard. Unfortunately for folks now, I got this one when they weren't sure it was going to sell and it was only $15. I recommend this one if you want an all-in-one design. The case is secure, the keyboard is removable for times you don't want the extra weight and it offers good value (even now at $34) and protection for the device. (My review here: Review of Poetic KeyBook

The second one I tried out was the Marware Vibe Standing Case. I gave it a C+, my review here: Review of Marware Vibe Case

My favorite case, the Marware Lightweight MicroShell. It is not perfect, but its perfect for me. It protects the case while adding almost no weight or bulk. My review is here: Review of Marware Lightweight MicroShell Folio Stand

I kept the Poetic and the Marware Microshell cases and am happy with both. I'll use the Poetic when I travel and use the Marware everyday. Neither of these cases is for you if you need your device to have a stand in portrait mode--even though the larger size is, IMO, better used in landscape mode.
I also bought a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard that I leave at my desk for daily use. I really want a keyboard dock, but I guess the bluetooth will do while I wait.

I also protect the front of the device with a matte screen protector so I can use it outside and a skin just so it looks good and different from all the others out there.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones