• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best "Paid For" Apps

Titanium Backup Pro is my most used app, a necessity I believe for any Android phone.

A close second is Navionics marine charts for my area. Though recent upgrade to the Galaxy Note has made text in the vector charts unreadable due to high pixel density, the app is still worth the money. Of course, if you don't navigate on the water-ways, it is of no use to you!

RealCalc Plus is a very handy application for those who need more advanced mathematical computations. It is light and stable, with a huge list of features not available in the stock calculator.

Apex Launcher; I used to use LauncherPro, but lack of support for some ICS features led me to discard it recently in favor of this oneeven though it was a paid app. Apex is fantastic. I also tried Nova launcher, which is pretty much the same as Apex, I think I flipped a coin or there was one very small difference, can't remember what it was.

Camera Zoom FX; I really just don't know if this was worth the price of admission... I keep it installed anyways since I bought it, may be a waste of money?

PowerAmp and Mixzing I find are pretty much the same, pick one, worth the money, waaaay better than stock music player.

Widgetsoid can be very good, a little slow to load sometimes on a slower phone, and newer phones have a lot of the functions I used to have it for built in (power control in the notification bar is better than widget)
I still use it a bit in ICS, but nothing like my old 2.3.

Upvote 0
Map and GPS:

Maverick pro
Gaiagps

and an unusual one...Viamici. Written in Europe, this allows you to download a map from somewhere, or take a camera photo of a map ( think natgeo plastic foldout or maybe a hunting map ) and then geo-reference it by locating two points. From there you get a GPS moving ball.

I also made bmp files from Delorme topo, transferred them to phone...then georeferenced them.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones