• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best tablet with HDMI for running emulators

retrogamer42

Mar 29, 2013
As my name implies, I'm a retro gamer. I have tons of games, but lately I've been realizing it's not exactly feasible to carry these around with me forever. So I've thought about selling off my collection in favor of a tablet that supports HDMI and a bluetooth controller.

My budget is approx. $300

What I need is something that can play NES, SNES and N64 games and allow me to play them through my tv via HDMI.

Based on my location, this is where I'll be buying from

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...3aHDMI+Output&page=1&sortBy=price&sortDir=asc

As far as I can see there are 17 tablets (excluding iPads) which I can choose from.

Those 17 tablets also all (or should) all have HDMI. So which of those would be the most powerful and capable of doing what I'm looking for? Thanks!

Edit:

I would also be interested to know if there is a way to get a non hdmi device to stream to a TV? I've always been a fan of the nexus device, it just sucks not having hdmi support.

Again just to reiterate my absolute necessary requirements are
- HDMI to play the games on TV
- Best capability to play N64 games (Maybe PS1 as well)
- Ability to use multiple bluetooth controllers to play multiplayer

I essentially am dreaming of having the ability of having a portable device to play my N64 games on, that I can plug into my TV and play, as well as being able to hook up bluetooth controllers to play with friends.

I will exceed my budget if somebody can confidently recommend something to me that will do what I require!

I appreciate it guys!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones