• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Best way to transfer media to Android Touchpad?

C5Longhorn

Lurker
Dec 24, 2011
Hi,

I recently picked up a Touchpad through the fire sale. I've loaded Cyanogen Alpha 3.5 on it and have been learning Android.

I would like to transfer some video, photos, and music to it. I assume I cram do it from a computer through the USB but didn't know if there are specific folders I should drop the files in.

Thanks,

Rick

Hi,

I recently picked up a Touchpad through the fire sale. I've loaded Cyanogen Alpha 3.5 on it and have been learning Android.

I would like to transfer some video, photos, and music to it. I assume I cram do it from a computer through the USB but didn't know if there are specific folders I should drop the files in.

Thanks,

Rick
So you know where to look later - create a folder (call it MyStuff or something) and sideload your files into it.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip. Is there any easy way to import bookmarks from a PC? That is the other task I've been trying to do.

Ive been trying out Firefox since I can sync it with my desktop easily. They recently added a new tablet UI which can be enabled on by going to "about:config" and changing "browser.ui.layout.tablet" from -1 to 1. Its a decent browser but pretty memory and CPU intensive compared to others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones