• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To better feel for touchscreen scrolling?

JimmyTheSaint

Jun 5, 2010
台北
Is there a way to make the touchscreen's scrolling smoother, more like the iPhone's? After spending a lot of time adapting to my Droid, the touchscreen still scrolls in a somewhat jerky manner. I mean, it works fine, but is always a bit too slow or fast so it always has a bad feel. I stopped using a screen protector, and that seems to have improved it a little. For example, flicking the screen (fast swipe then lift finger) just never works in the expected way. I always have to hold my finger down during the entire swipe, and even then there can be extraneous movement of the screen when I finally life my finger. By comparison, I find adapting to the iPhone to be no problem and that it scrolls in a way that's analogous to the way you'd want a physical wheel to move, which makes the iPhone's scrolling predictable and have a good feel.

Do other people experience this? Does something like HTC's Sense improve the scrolling and flicking experience?

Yep I saw that too :D If you haven't yet rooted and installed a Froyo I would recomend doing it.. it's prity easy but you got some reading todo... Lots of Roms out there and Kernal updates to make it run faster and cooler better battery life.. I was getting about 5-6 hours with my stock droid :cool: but now I get about an extra 2 hours (Nice) but be warned they say you can break your phone but I've never seen anyone say that..

I have had great sercuess with ChevyNo1 SS4.1 and I updated the kernal to a 1Ghz one. it's running great and I've had NO resets or crashes and it's FAST..

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones