• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Better Screen Brightness App?

beertha

Jul 10, 2010
This screen is unnecessarily bright in total darkness- is there a better screen brightness app that can bring the backlight down more than the settings allow?
This should help conserve battery too, because the screen is always 2-3 times the cause of battery depletion.

Ugh, I can't stand this "feature" either. I've finally just switched to an alternate browser cuz of this.

Did that actually work?

I use Opera Mini and the browser brightness resets to bright, even when I have Screen Filter enabled. Although the prob is a little weird. The first time I enable Mini, Screen Filter disables or Opera Mini disables it, I can't tell which. Then if I RE-enable screen filter then screen filter stays enabled until I disable. So N=1 plus Browser = Very Bright/Screen Filter disabled. N=2+ plus browser plus RE-enabled screen filter, screen filter stays on until disabled.

What's up with that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones