• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Between the reboots....

rocky s.

Jun 4, 2010
Latest conversations with Verizon on the rebooting woes: "Would you like another replacement? If not, there is nothing else we can do for now."

Latest conversations with htc supervisor: "Yes, we're still recommending replacements and then not doing the update for now to avoid the rebooting issue. And, yes, we are definitely working on an update to fix this. It's in the works." Oh, on the 'off-topic' of how about that Sensation 4G...big stuff? Htc supervisor responded with: "Ummmm...I have one in my pocket right now. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone...some of us have been given a few for training. And, yes, it is amazing. And, yes, it is supposed to release in early June." (Again, sorry for being so off-thread with this, but you can see where my rebooting frustration is taking me). :)

Also...I agree with some whose rebooting experiences seem to be location based. No reboots for me at home or work, but when I run errands in one town (3G), I have an instant reboot whenever I try to make a call from there. This is the only place it happens so far, so it may indeed be triggered by something in certain towers. Either way, this replacement fest would seem to be useless (?).

I think these reboot are luck of the draw. My phone reboot mostly at a specific time. Like around 6 to 7 pm and am also. Other than that its fine. Now my last phone would reboot constantly no matter where I was at. So I don't think the towers are to blame. As if it was some of the towers they could update them easier and not to try and come up with another update.

They need to test gingerbread and see if that fixes the problem.

Upvote 0
Latest conversations with Verizon on the rebooting woes: "Would you like another replacement? If not, there is nothing else we can do for now."

Latest conversations with htc supervisor: "Yes, we're still recommending replacements and then not doing the update for now to avoid the rebooting issue. And, yes, we are definitely working on an update to fix this. It's in the works." Oh, on the 'off-topic' of how about that Sensation 4G...big stuff? Htc supervisor responded with: "Ummmm...I have one in my pocket right now. Shhhhh, don't tell anyone...some of us have been given a few for training. And, yes, it is amazing. And, yes, it is supposed to release in early June." (Again, sorry for being so off-thread with this, but you can see where my rebooting frustration is taking me). :)

Also...I agree with some whose rebooting experiences seem to be location based. No reboots for me at home or work, but when I run errands in one town (3G), I have an instant reboot whenever I try to make a call from there. This is the only place it happens so far, so it may indeed be triggered by something in certain towers. Either way, this replacement fest would seem to be useless (?).
The sensation reviews on engadget are sweet... Wish I would've waited now. Will tb see sense 3.0?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones