1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Billing tricks for new customer?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by apocalypse_later, Oct 18, 2010.

1. apocalypse_later

apocalypse_later Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I'm a new T-mobile customer with the Vibrant and have about 7 or 8 days of my return period left. Can I call t-mob, tell them I want to return it unless they give me a monthly discount or will they just cancel me? I know t-mobile rewards loyalty, but I can't seem to find any information for negotiations for a new customer. I know there's an old G1 plan that includes 400 text messages and data for $25 dollars. Can they switch me to that if I make enough of a fuss? Anyone have success at this as a new customer?

Advertisement

2. SamsungVibrant

SamsungVibrant Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Well there is a reason they call it loyalty, you haven't really established loyalty as a new customer. Also they can probably end up with a big class action lawsuit if they make a habit of offering some new customers different rate plans that are technically no longer available. I think you should look at alternative ways of getting a discount. For example, are you an AAA member? If not join, I think you qualify for some kind of discount. State employees get a discount. Students get a discount. You get my point.

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    But he's been with him a whole 23 days!!!

/s

4. Swizz

Swizz Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Curious, did you sign up for an Even More or and Even More Plus plan? If you went contracted on the Even More plans there are a grip of monthly discounts available, much like the AAA SamsungVibrant mentioned.

Universities - Community colleges have a good chance of monthly discounts. Major corporations like Nike or Intel. Insurance companies (they are mainly for employees, but I've seen a few that include customers). The trick is to be proactive about it. The list is huge, so think of all the places you are a part of and see what pops up. If you do hit Bingo, they will want proof. So be aware.

Good luck.