• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Billing tricks for new customer?

apocalypse_later

Jun 9, 2010
I'm a new T-mobile customer with the Vibrant and have about 7 or 8 days of my return period left. Can I call t-mob, tell them I want to return it unless they give me a monthly discount or will they just cancel me? I know t-mobile rewards loyalty, but I can't seem to find any information for negotiations for a new customer. I know there's an old G1 plan that includes 400 text messages and data for $25 dollars. Can they switch me to that if I make enough of a fuss? Anyone have success at this as a new customer?

I'm a new T-mobile customer with the Vibrant and have about 7 or 8 days of my return period left. Can I call t-mob, tell them I want to return it unless they give me a monthly discount or will they just cancel me? I know t-mobile rewards loyalty, but I can't seem to find any information for negotiations for a new customer. I know there's an old G1 plan that includes 400 text messages and data for $25 dollars. Can they switch me to that if I make enough of a fuss? Anyone have success at this as a new customer?

Well there is a reason they call it loyalty, you haven't really established loyalty as a new customer. Also they can probably end up with a big class action lawsuit if they make a habit of offering some new customers different rate plans that are technically no longer available. I think you should look at alternative ways of getting a discount. For example, are you an AAA member? If not join, I think you qualify for some kind of discount. State employees get a discount. Students get a discount. You get my point.

Upvote 0
Well there is a reason they call it loyalty, you haven't really established loyalty as a new customer. Also they can probably end up with a big class action lawsuit if they make a habit of offering some new customers different rate plans that are technically no longer available. I think you should look at alternative ways of getting a discount. For example, are you an AAA member? If not join, I think you qualify for some kind of discount. State employees get a discount. Students get a discount. You get my point.

But he's been with him a whole 23 days!!!

/s

Upvote 0
Curious, did you sign up for an Even More or and Even More Plus plan? If you went contracted on the Even More plans there are a grip of monthly discounts available, much like the AAA SamsungVibrant mentioned.

Universities - Community colleges have a good chance of monthly discounts. Major corporations like Nike or Intel. Insurance companies (they are mainly for employees, but I've seen a few that include customers). The trick is to be proactive about it. The list is huge, so think of all the places you are a part of and see what pops up. If you do hit Bingo, they will want proof. So be aware.

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones