• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Biometrics Sign On

AugieTN

Extreme Android User
Dec 9, 2022
Illinois Home & Tennessee RV Home
In the past I have read that that credit card apps won't use face recognition for sign on because it's not secure enough. Credit card apps do use fingerprint touch ID because it is much more secure.

Suddenly Wells Fargo and Discover card added face recognition to their biometric sign on. In settings for both, biometric sign on is either on or off. I can't shutoff face recognition and leave fingerprint touch ID to sign on.

So was there some big change in facial recognition that makes it more secure now?

With my Wells Fargo app I have an option of Biometrics on or off. With it on Fingerprint or Face Recognition work. No option to turn one or the other off. With Biometrics off neither Fingerprint or Face Recognition work. Here's a picture from my Wells Fargo app

biometric.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have both turned on my phone, but it only asks for my fingerprint.

That's a good thing. It kind of freaked me out. I tapped my Wells Fargo app, expecting to sign in with my fingerprint, but instead it gives me a smile face and signs me on with face recognition.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones