• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

bioshock vs sequel

I just purchased bioshock 2 tuesday and couldn't put it down all night. I've read a couple reviews, and they've both said that the sequel didn't really stray to far from the first game. I was curious if there was anyone who has played both games and could give their own opinion. I haven't played the first bioshock, but I do love the second one. The plasmids add such a great superhuman feel to the game. However as in the reviews, I never really felt that invincible. I've become a near permanent resident of the vita-chambers anytime I encounter a Big Daddy or a Big Sister. All in all though, I love the game. It's gotten a 5 out of 5 on PS mag, and I believe an 8.75 out of 10 on GameInformer. BUY IT!

i've had both got nnumber 2 this week and my wife has already beat she just text me a few hours ago said she beat in total time was like 3 days if that. I watched a few hours and it seems spot on with the first one kinda picked up right with it. I believe it says there is a 10year gap but no didn't stray far at all but enough new things to keep you excited.

Upvote 0
I have played both of them all the way through. I believe Bioshock 1 is set in 1958, where Bioshock 2 is set in 1968. Both of them are great games! I liked the first one a little better because it was all new to me. The whole gameplay along with the 50's style music in the 1st one was just eerie. They both play about the same, so they really only added a new story line to play through, and you play as a bigdaddy instead of the guy Jack.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones