1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Black Messaging Froyo app?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thrawn, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Is there just an apk I can install of a themed black Messaging app? I don't want a whole theme, I actually like the stock, but I prefer the Msg app to be black like Fab's NexBeast/Fro since it's what I use most and the bright white gets annoying at night. I suppose I could just install Handcent, but I've had issues with it in the past.

Advertisement

2. square

square Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    i use handcent...you can customize the look. mine is black with white text.

3. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Like I said, I may end up just using Handcent again, I have in the past, but it's given me a bunch of issues in the past with recognizing my contacts. I would rather just have a themed Msg app if there is one floating around.

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga

Nov 27, 2009
    Finance
    Pennsylvania
    Its been awhile since I really messed with themes and I havent at all with Froyo but I am pretty sure it would not work to theme just 1 app. Text colors and such would be screwed up for either that app or everything else

5. Thrawn

Thrawn Well-Known Member

May 21, 2010
    Ah, well that actually makes sense unfortunately. I guess I'll try out Handcent again, I actually haven't used it since I was on 2.1, so maybe Froyo will iron out my problems with it.

6. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Bloomer, WI
    I use Handcent and I haven't had any issues with it on a Froyo ROM. Also, it's been updated a few times (maybe 3) in the past few weeks.