• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blockbuster Application for the Evo!

Let's see, $4.00 to watch a movie on a 4" screen. $4.00 to watch the same movie on the 50" plasma with surround sound and rib rattling base. I guess some people believe that if it can be done, it should be done, whatever the cost. I use the Evo to watch Netflix on my 50" plasma, but the thought of watching Netflix on my Evo is just pathetic.

Lol, lies.

Subscribe to Hotspot

Connect computer to Evo (wireless or tethered)

Configure nternet connection to allow networking

Add Netflix device to exception list for firewall & anti-virus software

Make or buy a criss-cross ethernet cable & connect laptop to Netflix enabled device.

Done correctly, this cable will turn your laptop into a router, letting you surf the web on your computer, while talking on and surfing on your Evo, and watching Netflix on your television, all at the same time.

Anything is easy once you know how to do it!!

Thanks for leaving out a key component in your original post. Hook, line, and sinker.

Upvote 0
Lol hook line and sinker...

Sorry about that, I couldn't resist.

Seriously though, I'm posting to this thread and watching "Momento" on my big screen using the 4G wi-fi hotspot. The phone sits on the window sill plugged into a/c power. The laptop is always hooked up to the plasma.

I just turn on the Netflix and presto, I'm watching. That I don't need or can't use a special cable or aplication is just icing on the cake.

I'm enjoying the heck out of my Evo!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones