• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blocking System Apps Notifications

Blocking a notification doesn't affect performance, though if that app might ever wish to notify you of something important you wouldn't get the notification.

Bear in mind that some system apps are genuinely important, some are just crap that the manufacturer added (or were paid to add), but you will get the same warnings about interfering with them regardless. So the trick is really to know what the app does and make your own judgement, but knowing what it does is the important bit.

Upvote 0
Actually, every notification drops performance a small amount.

Whether or not you notice depends upon the quality of your device and the number of notifications that are active.

I have had devices that were so lacking in resources that they slowed noticeably when notifications came in and even more if they were not dismissed.

I now tend to keep notifications at a bare minimum.

Any system app that is actually important to the operation of the device will not allow you to turn off notifications for it.

Upvote 0
Don't know if this is the correct place to post, hope so.......I use android Moto E 2020. I have a new security system and the app on my phone receives ten second motion alerts when armed. They come in as SILENT ALERTS which do me no good if there is a break in and my phone is on, but not alerting. Thank you anybody.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones