• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blue Ray with a QWERTY keyboard

I don't have a Blue Ray player (I don't even use a DVD player honestly), but I've been thinking about it more and more lately. If I get a BR player, it will have web access/apps, but I don't want to use a remote to type. With a little web searching, I didn't see any that came with wireless QWERTY keyboards! Why is this? Did I not search enough? Any suggestions?

Its probably just not a very sought after feature believe it or not. Although, I know what you mean. Typing using the onscreen keyboard with a remote is painful (at the very least, implement T9). Fortunately, with the Youtube app on our Blu-ray player, you can use the Youtube Remote app to control it and all searches and typing and such are done through the phone UI. The player just plays whatever the phone tells it to. That made it literally 3000 times easier to use.

Reactions: PMTerp
Upvote 0
Get you a PS3...

wL4-9Fdrer05Lr9snKI9X8JDSV9hmfobnVejq6DSQFSMlfM6czum695YlQSr853xhFYsPRwwCo1WAqocP80PlilgjCWPcjR8PTAnVc_plIldZG5n1V2xN1vdOGCqi6N6IiU3RKNuRLoY4mOWfOEB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones