• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blue Tooth After market Head Unit

Was Looking for an After Market Head unit with Blue Tooth that works well with the Motorola Droid Turbo. single din ,hand free calling ,Google play ,Pandora. Any one out there that is using Alpine, Sony. pioneer, Kenwood or others with advice on what works and what don't would be Great. Looking to install in my classic car and would like to Have the modern features.

I've been using a Pioneer DEH-X6500BT for about a year now. I like the the Bluetooth functionality with my HTC M8. All you can really do from the head unit in BT is skip songs but that's OK with me. Pandora, Spotify, Slacker, and media Monkey work the same way. Some better than others. If I remember correctly WinAmp doesn't show the artist and title info playing like the others do. FM reception isn't quite as good as the Alpine CD unit this replaced but just barely different enough that I noticed.
I plugged something into the USB once to see if it worked and never again. I don't think I've ever even loaded a CD into it. Just FM stations and BT'ing whatever off my phone.
Mine came with a microphone that I put up above the visor. People I've talked to say it sounds good. I like the phone functionality but I've only used it to answer calls. I like how the GPS directions on my phone go through the car's speakers too.
One downside to this unit is that the backlighting of the face and buttons is overly bright. You can change and mix colors all sorts of ways but for some reason you can't dim them. I saw this in the online reviews so I was warned. On long trips at night I tend to set the colors to what they call "dark" green as it seems the least overpowering. Still too bright.
For the price and what it does I still have no complaints other than bright lighting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones