• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Blue-Tooth Hands Free Calls?

couple the lousy voice recognition with the fact that theres no confirmation and you have a FAIL

if it chooses the wrong contact then you have to wreck your car in a mad scramble to reach the phone then unlock it and cancel the call before someone answers

Now that I have a Droid 2, I checked this out--you CAN set it to confirm. In the voice command app, wait for it to ask you to say something, then hit the menu button. Under confirmation, set it to "always." It'll ask for a verbal yes/no.

Did a few tests and the accuracy is pretty decent for the way I speak. Only problem is I can't get the button on my BT headset to activate the voice dialer app, and I don't see a setting that would control that. I've read elsewhere that other headsets do activate it, though. Hm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones