• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bluetooth Freezes Phone During Music Play.

mavrikmeercat

Android Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2011
N.O. LA.
It happens when playing any music. Weather it be from my collection on my sdcard or streaming from pandora. There is another post further down but they claim that this is fixed for them by unchecking the bluetooth option in Pandora. This was not the case for me.

If you are having this problem as well, please let us know if you are running any custom software. (eg.) running stock? rooted? Hroark13 or shabby's kernel? Shabbymod .9? Running V6 supercharger?

I am rooted, ShabbyMod .9, ShabbyKernel, and running V6 Supercharger

I'd like to document some of my senerios. (all while playing music. Pandora or sdcard music and BT headset connected)
1. More likely to happen while charging...
2. Opening a text thread after recieving a new text.
3. Recieving a call (sometimes)
4. Hanging up after a call
5. Opening browser either right away or while browsing at some point during.

Im guessing that android is running out of memory and its killing a critical process instead of a background/closed app. Just my guess... Hopefully someone with more experience can shed some light. It is really annoying i might add. :mad:

Sounds about the same with mine. Any type of music, bluetoothed from phone to computer, locks up after a max of about 40 minutes, faster if I start doing other things (web, camera, d/l files). Havent noticed difference while charging. Running shabby .9, sdbooster, and l2sd. Never tried while phone was stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones