• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Body Glove Captivate case.. Very nice!!

Anyone using the Body Glove snap on hard case with the removable clip here? It looks pretty beefy. I work outside a lot and I'm not convinced the mirage case is enough protection. Let me know what you think.

I tried it on in the AT&T store and left without it. The thing that bothered me was after trying on two different ones, both of them had a spot where the case wasn't together all the way, like it wasn't clicked and it left a gap between the front and back piece. And although I would kinda like to get this phone out of my pocket, the two piece body glove looked like it made the phone stick out too far away from my belt (like the other user mentioned). I'm still searching and not falling in love with anything yet.

Keep the case reviews coming people...please!!!

Upvote 0
I bought the same case for my new Captivate...awesome! I just wish that backside was a solid rubberized surface instead of an attempted "stylish" design with a mix of non-rubberized and rubberized lines. Those who have the case will understand what I am talking about ;). Other than that, totally worth $25! I am also using the screen protector AT&T sells for $10 in a tri-pack. Used the steamed bathroom method and have NO bubbles and NO touch-sensitive issues whatsoever.

LOVE THIS PHONE!

Upvote 0
Perfect balance of protection and grip. Not so rubbery as to make it difficult to remove from your pocket, and not so slippery as to make it a challenge to hold. I highly recommend it.
+1 I ordered mine last Sunday and got it yesterday. Very nice! I like the way the clip turns into a kick stand. $23 included shipping from Amazon

RH

Upvote 0
I haven't seen any issues with the Body Glove softcase myself. It took awhile to find one and get it to me, but I'm very happy with the case. I have not seen any signs of case degradation to the phone as was noted much earlier in the thread.

It fits like a glove, feels kind of weird at first but you get used to it very quickly, and removes VERY easily when you are trying to remove it.

Upvote 0
I bought the same case for my new Captivate...awesome! I just wish that backside was a solid rubberized surface instead of an attempted "stylish" design with a mix of non-rubberized and rubberized lines. Those who have the case will understand what I am talking about ;).

I think that the mix of non-rubberized and rubberized lines on the back and sides provides a distinct textured feel that makes the case easier to hold.

Upvote 0
This is a 2 piece hard plastic case that snaps on which is covered in a rubbery material. The back or bottom of the case has a felt material inside to protect your phone.

I have a replacement case on order because the top right corner wont snap together, otherwise the fits is good. I may have been the one to receive the small % of these cases thats defective.

The case adds considerable bulk and for that reason, Ive thought about returning it and buying the Body Glove Mirage case.

The snap on case adds a lot of protection and has a belt clip with a kick stand built into it but the clip adds almost an inch to its thickness. The button for the clip is interchangeable with a flat blank in case you dont want to use the belt clip.

Wearing dress pants, I can easily get the phone in and out of my pocket. This is another story wearing jeans..but I love the grip it gives since the Captivate is slippery with no case at all.

Overall, a nice case (hopefully the replacement snap together correctly) but I would like to find a case that gives the same grip but is much thinner. Does it sound like the Mirage case fits this description? Thanks all for the great comments!

Upvote 0
I'm not too sure if this case is so "great". I recently purchased this case after reading great reviews from the web. The case looks and feels great while on the phone. However, the other day I had to remove the case since it was in the way of my friends AUX plug. After removing the case I noticed my phone had a series of tiny scratches all over the top and bottom of the phone. I quickly grabbed some water and a soft cloth to try and wipe it off. NOPE! These scuffs are here to stay! I thought these cases were supposed to protect the phone from damage, not create them!

Upvote 0
I removed the Body Glove to clean the battery and phone contacts and confirmed your observation (at least relating to the top of the phone). So, let's assume that they are, in fact, here to stay. Ideal? No. Assuming that dirt particles found their way under the edges of the case to cause the scratches, would it be better if this didn't happen? Yes. A deal-killer for the case? No. The benefits of the Body Glove, IMO, far outweigh the insignificant marring to the top and bottom of the case. As a matter of fact, I've tried holding the phone "naked" and I constantly feel as if it's going to slip out of my hand. A very uncomfortable feeling. I'd much rather suffer the insignificant marring to the phone's edge (it isn't a museum piece) than to drop the darn thing. My thoughts are not presented to scoff at your disappointment, but rather as an attempt to put the issue in perspective in the "bigger picture."

Upvote 0
Just ordered the BG hard gel case from eBay for $12, hope it isn't a knockoff. I tried the BG case at the att store and loved it. I also highly recommend the clear-coat front and back for the phone, you can order them from here... Samsung Captivate Screen Protection and do it yourself or kiosks at the mall do them for $20. Front and back these will provide protection from the body glove case from scratching the back along with a nice eggshell finish screen protector on the front. I had originally purchased the otterbox impact for the captivate but its a loose fitting bulky case. The BG blows the OB out of the water for this phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones