1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Boost Mobile] anyone having issues with phone cutting in and out?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by woodgaser, Feb 6, 2014.

1. woodgaser

woodgaser Well-Known Member

My phone is about 2 years old I am rooted and have been using Warp OEM 2.51 as a daily driver now for several months. When I receive or send a call.. the person on the other end cuts in and out. This happens on voice mail also. It does not matter where I am or if I use speaker phone or not. Phone is kept in a belt case and I have only dropped the phone 1 time. Any videos or music play fine. My wife's phone is identical including Rom and hers has no issues. I do not have a lot of bloat ware as a matter of fact I removed almost all of my apps, I found out the hard way a phone is not a Tablet.... We do have the extended life batteries and my phone is kept charged. We do keep wifi active all the time. Other than the phone cutting out this rom has been Brick solid. Any suggestions? I have been watching the progress on the Jelly Bean Roms and when there is a final version I will jump again...or may just wait on KitKat...as I upgraded my Nexus 7 and enjoyed the feel and speed...sold the nexus 7 and Got a Galaxy tab.1st gen..which has cyanogenmod 4.1.2.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement

2. Dslack420

Dslack420 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 5, 2012
    Male
    troy,ohio
    have u tried clearin cache/dalvik if that does nothing then i do belive ur speaker is going out which is y it happns even in ur voicemail bc what u are actually hearing is a miss or disruption in the electical coil at the base of the cone of ur speaker

sb43 likes this.
  3. LilBit

LilBit Android Expert
    None

Sep 1, 2012
    Female
    U.S.A.
    :ditto:
    :p ;)

4. woodgaser

why are songs and video with sound playing correctly?...if it was speaker issue...I would be having trouble with those also...its like a bad connection with the phone...maybe antenna? also have wiped cache/dalvik

LilBit likes this.
  5. sb43

sb43 Android Expert
    None

Sep 30, 2012
    Male
    Carpenter
    Front Royal, VA
    Try this, Go to recovery.... factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik, repeat. Superwipe, then flash your rom. Get Mercs Warp OEM 2.70, Mercs ROM is rock solid. This man's work is like......A gentleman's handshake. (If it's firm, and he's looking you in the eye while shaking your hand, you can count on it.) Just switch up to 2.70 :), And if that doesn't work, it may be what DSLACK420 is saying. But, you gotta try everything. Process of elimination.

mercury0x000d and Dslack420 like this.
  6. Dslack420

None

Dec 5, 2012
    Male
    troy,ohio
    so it does this in calls on speaker phone as well as earpiece

if so there is most likely something w antenna or debris in the phone

very carefully remove the 12 screws from the back there is one under a {(sticker)} make sure u find that one!!!!!!!!

start at bottom left and remove back then blow it out with a can of duster or air compressor just to get all the nooks and crannys put it back to gether and i really hope that this or something els works if all els fails replace both speakers

sb43 likes this.
  7. sb43

sb43 Android Expert
    None

Sep 30, 2012
    Male
    Carpenter
    Front Royal, VA
    You're braver than I am Brother! But now I know! Hell, I'm a carpenter and my phone lives in dust!

LilBit and Dslack420 like this.
  8. Dslack420

None

Dec 5, 2012
    Male
    troy,ohio
    yup i hear ya i do property care paint, drywall, carpets the works phones been through hell and back i swear have replace the lcd and two usb/charging ports lol but good ole faithfull still pulls through thanks to the devs and there work and my tinkering habbit i had the phone mabey 3 days b4 i opend her up and seen how she ticked

LilBit likes this.
  9. LilBit

LilBit Android Expert
    None

Sep 1, 2012
    Female
    U.S.A.
    If it is Voice calls and Voice mail only, It could be a temporary problem with the network itself and your connection to it. :thinking: Mine pops and crackles sometimes when I make a call to someone, during the ringing, after they answer it goes away. Wait it out I guess, before tearing it open that is:p

10. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    High School Senior and Professional Sleeper
    Houston, TX
    I had the same issue a few days back... Sprint is upgrading nationwide so that might be part of the issue. They got tired of having worse data speeds than T-Mobile :p

mercury0x000d and Dslack420 like this.
  11. sb43

sb43 Android Expert
    None

Sep 30, 2012
    Male
    Carpenter
    Front Royal, VA
    For as much money they make, they should be blowing Verizon Up! Iphone "please"............

12. Skinnyjeans21

Skinnyjeans21 Android Expert
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    High School Senior and Professional Sleeper
    Houston, TX
    Actually they are in terms of coverage... surprisingly, in Houston, Texas, Sprint (and Boost and Virgin) they get better coverage than Verizon, they're bested only by AT&T; however the data speeds are the worst, and that's what they're fixing across the nation--for 3G devices too, or so I heard.

Dslack420 likes this.
  13. woodgaser

well I have some more info and may have figured it out. Last night I had 2 calls and they were perfect through out the calls...so I tried sending myself a voice mail..and receiving it...perfect again....my house is about 4 miles from the nearest tower..I have 3G but at best 2 bars...most of the time I don't see any bars and my 3g signal cuts out a lot...I turned off wifi to check... I am beginning to think its just coverage in my area. also if I am NOT near an outside wall at the time of the call or not in my truck.....plus the people I have the most problem with are on verizon...oh well the price you pay for Cheap service...Thanks to all for your comments and help.