• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Battery Calibration

Skinnyjeans21

Android Expert
Oct 25, 2012
Houston, TX
I wiped the batterystats file this morning after charging my phone to 100% and unplugged it like I know I'm supposed to, but in the afternoon my phone froze up and I had to pull the battery because the screen wouldn't turn on or anything. it was about 70% before it froze, and when I turned it back on and read the battery usage graph there was a steep drop to 63%. Is pulling the battery or turning off the phone while calibrating an unadvisable thing to do, like should I re do calibration? :thinking:

Reactions: Skinnyjeans21
Upvote 0
Everyone that has made your argument so far (and the ones that posted the original thread where the google engineer made the post), didn't read 2 more posts down...

The post was from someone from HTC explaining that the reason the battery is able to be calibrated via deleting the batterystats.bin, is specific to HTC devices, due to different data being stored there than other Android phones. Data that will effect battery reading when wiped and re-written.

Upvote 0
I don't care what ya think, wiping battery stats does in fact give you better readings/longer life. Before wiping I was lucky to 5-6 hours between having to charge, wiped the stats, and easily got 17 hours, and yes I played plenty of games, no usage change between the two. So think what you want, but I sure bet it works. Try for yourself, what can it hurt?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones