• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Can I get HD quality?

I was just wondering if their was some kid of build.prop tweak or something to flash so that I can have an almost but very close HD camera and HD display? I use pudding camera off the play store but still, quality is sort of wack.

In shinjitsu rom there are various camera and video playback tweaks.

Upvote 0
simple rom have a build prop that makes the camera 12mp instead of 8mp, i use camera ics and the pictures and video is sharp

It wasn't a build prop tweak and didn't up the camera MP, it upped the video bitrate from 1-2Mbps to 12Mbps as well as adding WVGA(800x480).

http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-warp-all-things-root/615014-dev-wvga-video-camera-support.html

Take note this is kind of a dirty hack. I hard coded the default to 12Mbps in the system files and it breaks all the other video recording apps but the stock camera. You also need the stock email to use it too. I never got around to fixing the exchange dependency. It does improve video quality a lot if you can deal with those limitations.

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones