• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Is there any point in rooting this phone yet?

jremy23

Dec 20, 2011
Is there any strong reasoning behind rooting the warp at this point(seeing as there's no custom recovery/roms)?

Will root apps like super user and set CPU allow me to increase battery life significantly?

Currently i have no use for tethering, and I don't mind the minimal ads in the apps i'm running, so i have no real use for either of these root apps. Also this phone doesn't really come stocked with a ton of bloatware and has a decent amount of memory, so I don't have a need to get rid of that stuff at this point.

I don't want to void my warranty and risk not being able to download future updates unless there is strong reasoning behind it(significant battery life increases and more in depth customization).

Is there any strong reasoning behind rooting the warp at this point(seeing as there's no custom recovery/roms)?

Will root apps like super user and set CPU allow me to increase battery life significantly?

Currently i have no use for tethering, and I don't mind the minimal ads in the apps i'm running, so i have no real use for either of these root apps. Also this phone doesn't really come stocked with a ton of bloatware and has a decent amount of memory, so I don't have a need to get rid of that stuff at this point.

I don't want to void my warranty and risk not being able to download future updates unless there is strong reasoning behind it(significant battery life increases and more in depth customization).
Simply put if you have to ask these questions then the answer is no, not yet.
You have pretty much answered your own question. For some people its yes for the same reasons its no for you. Its a matter of what you want. For me I like to have the freedom to do whatever I want to my phone. There are a ton of customizations I can do right now as long as I have root.

Upvote 0
I also think that you should be able to do with your phone what you want to, customizing your phone is one of the greatest things you can do, it expresses you as a person and who you are. But if you don't like the fact that you will void your warranty, you can always unroot the phone and put it back the way it was with the software from ZTE. They knew people would mess with the phones and try to change them ,so they gave out the software to re-install the factory software even if you have rooted. it will undo any changes you did with root and reset everything right back to the way it was the day you got it. So you should at least try to experiment a little with your phone to see what fits you. I personally like to see what can be done on my phone and what can't, it is great to see whats new, what idea's someone else has made for my phone. I didn't just buy this phone to make calls with, I got it to play with and mess up. I like to tinker with the software and try to do cool stuff. that makes the phone fun to have. plus my little girl loves to play games on my phone, we play angry birds together and see who can win. so it is good to be able to do what you want with your phone.

Upvote 0
im rooted i have adblocker Word With Freinds still has adds. I have wireless tether. The app will light up green but no phone or computer can find the wifi signal. I see how a few users responded typing how they like the customization ability. what are you customizing? Where do i go to change the picture of the lil green guy who waves when new ppl call me.
I cant even get my superuser to update.

Upvote 0
im rooted i have adblocker Word With Freinds still has adds. I have wireless tether. The app will light up green but no phone or computer can find the wifi signal. I see how a few users responded typing how they like the customization ability. what are you customizing? Where do i go to change the picture of the lil green guy who waves when new ppl call me.
I cant even get my superuser to update.
adblocker is the wrong app. Get adfree. I dont know about wireless tether. As for the waving green droid its part of the phone.apk. You can download other phone.apk apps and replace it using root explorer but if it fails you have to go through a bunch of stuff to return it to original. See this thread. Incoming call Animation. - xda-developers I personally wouldnt do it until custom recovery is working properly so you can do a backup before trying it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones