• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] DroidSmith 1.7.3 Update and Full

I got a copy of root explorer from xda, and it installed and is functioning fine. I'm sure its an older version though. Did the version of root explorer than you want to run function with any other roms here?

I assume it's the latest version. When I try to download from Amazon it says not available for download because it is not comparable with my device. I have used it on numerous rom's before without any issues.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking its an issue with Amazon. When I go to the play store it doesn't say that its incompatible. I download it and try it out bit honestly I don't have the $4 to spare right now.

The installed file explorer should handle most of the functions of root explorer. If its not to your liking I've found that root browser is an excellent app also.

Sorry I couldn't address this issue right now

Reactions: kdraw44
Upvote 0
Hmm, I also have a paid, older version of root explorer, But I have the apk on my sd card, Ive installed it on every rom I flash also, never a problem. I haven't flashed the latest update to droidsmith yet, but after my project for tonight, I will flash the newest version, install root explorer, and see what happens.

However, mifile explorer, that comes with most roms now, is very good, just as good IMO as root explorer, and its free. After I spent some time using it, i became real comfortable.

Upvote 0
The reason I posted was because Amazon is saing my device is not compatible with root explorer. Thanks for all the suggestions about file utilities but my point was why all of a sudden my device is incomparable. I wiped everything and reinstalled DS and did nothing but add Amazon account and it did the same thing. It's really not a big deal that I can't get the program, just want to know why.

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
The reason I posted was because Amazon is saing my device is not compatible with root explorer. Thanks for all the suggestions about file utilities but my point was why all of a sudden my device is incomparable. I wiped everything and reinstalled DS and did nothing but add Amazon account and it did the same thing. It's really not a big deal that I can't get the program, just want to know why.

Very good question, i know how you feel:(
Sadly:eek: I dont know either:thinking:

If you look into some of the roms in the ATRG, I think you might be able to snatch a copy of root explorer out of one. Side load it after that. Works every time.:)

Reactions: kdraw44
Upvote 0
I've noticed some apps that say I have a broken root or something like that...:thinking:

I run into quirks like that all the time too. :thinking:
Just try and keep caches clean, and reboot once in a while. :)

When flashing lots of roms, Its a good idea to double up on every
Process after several flashes in a row.
Double Factory Data Reset
Super Wipe Tool X2
Clear cache X2
Clear dalvek X2
;) :D :) :p

Reactions: Skinnyjeans21
Upvote 0
Quick question why is there in cfg and noop under cpu speed and no quick reboot?

Cfq and noop are io schedulers. I did not add quick reboot to this rom because quick reboot does not shut down the phone properly. While I have not herd of it happening to anyone in theroy a quick reboot can actually damage the device. It's effectively the same as a battery pull

Upvote 0
Cfq and biopsy are io schedulers. I did not add quick reboot to this rom because quick reboot does not shut down the phone properly. While I have not herd of it happening to anyone in theroy a quick reboot can actually damage the device. It's effectively the same as a battery pull

Lol I meant why are they the only io schedulers I'm kinda used to smartassv2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones