• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [ROM] n00b (B10 based) VIII.II FULL Install 1/23/2013

Are you having fc's or system reboots like SicFreak?

Not at the moment. I'm blazing fast right now after the 256 zram zip mrbobo earlier created. However, in the past I would completely get locked up where only a reflash of the rom would fix. Zram instead of the other ramswap on past n00b versions seems to have alleviated my issues but I'm not overly optimistic yet because I would run fine (never this snappy) for about a week then reboot for whatever reason and get locked up. I'm convinced it was swap now. Going to flash the minfree zip that was just created.

Upvote 0
that's what's missing, I will post another zip in a few with swappiness and minfree back in there!

EDIT: here is the update that adds minfree, THANK YOU DREWHILL!

EDIT EDIT: damn that was annoying, I knew this too and had it on my swap script before, just totally missed putting that on the new zram script.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Updated the original n00b VII Update zip to include the latest minfree settings. For anyone just joining us, you don't need to flash anything extra over n00b VI to get this minfree setting.

Hey mrbobo just for clarification I notice that the new minfree zip is named the same as the previous zip from this morning. Its contents are different though with minfree settings correct?

Upvote 0
Hey mrbobo just for clarification I notice that the new minfree zip is named the same as the previous zip from this morning. Its contents are different though with minfree settings correct?

yes, this is all being handled through the zram script and I wanted my links to stay the same for other posts.

if you open the S02zRam file in a text editor you can see the change I made.

Upvote 0
is there any way to have zram use its memory more evenly? ie can it more evenly distribute the amount of ram used between physical and zram? as you can see from the screenshots regular ram is almost maxed out while zram is only used about 50%.....phone is experiencing lag in this scenario

Attachments

• screenshot-1353387467398.png
    screenshot-1353387467398.png
    441 KB · Views: 54
  • screenshot-1353387507942.png
    screenshot-1353387507942.png
    51.2 KB · Views: 59
Upvote 0
is there any way to have zram use its memory more evenly? ie can it more evenly distribute the amount of ram used between physical and zram? as you can see from the screenshots regular ram is almost maxed out while zram is only used about 50%.....phone is experiencing lag in this scenario

What you've got to understand is that swaps (including zram) don't actually increase ram. They're simply storage for memory of unused/old apps. The system moves pages to swapspace to make more actual ram available.

You can make the system do this more aggressively by increasing swappiness, decreasing cache pressure and adjusting other vm settings.

Reactions: Smoothkaos
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
How do I get the power down menu back?(reboot,recovery,power off, ect) it didn't disappear until I flash the new VII update.now all it does is some kind of quick reboot automatically when I hold down the power button.anybody else have this issue?

No, I can't say that I have. Since the VII update doesn't bomb your data, give it another go and reflash again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones