• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] SD Card Recovery

I remembered once using msdos I used the command MORE but I put by mistake a character something like : but it was two short vertical lines and then puff no more system... teachers were crazy about it, I was the only kid around studying "computers" back in 92 or something... we used to load Win 3.5 from the school servers...

Reactions: LilBit
Upvote 0
Hey guys i need help i know their are a bunch of websites about having problems with installing and updating apps due to .asec folders and etc.. But i need help deleting that folder its on my phone NOT ON MY SD CARD and checked that folder and it has nothing but i cant delete it ..any help? Please and thank you

What if you try to move it to the SD card?
Or see if there's any hidden items, sometimes its one file that is in use that prevents erasing the whole folder...

Upvote 0
Lot's of fun!!

scandisk.png

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!

Reactions: Blyss and LilBit
Upvote 0
I remembered once using msdos I used the command MORE but I put by mistake a character something like : but it was two short vertical lines and then puff no more system... teachers were crazy about it, I was the only kid around studying "computers" back in 92 or something... we used to load Win 3.5 from the school servers...

My first computers were DOS only also, had to wait a while for the windows floppys!!
Someone threw a whole bunch of them away and I found them!! YAY!!:)

I was stunned when I first had a chance to finally see it.:D

Reactions: mercury0x000d
Upvote 0
My first computers were DOS only also, had to wait a while for the windows floppys!!
Someone threw a whole bunch of them away and I found them!! YAY!!:)

I was stunned when I first had a chance to finally see it.:D

I'm feeling quite old right now lol.... but then again I started using computers at age 5 so when I saw things like 5 1/4 floppys out there I can relate...

I remember when my cousin got a win95, no log in, or CD win... windows as a start up OS and it was visual!

Sometimes I want to write code and program again... but then I remember how much I hate it when things don't go the way I wanted... like this SD Card recovery post... lol...
So I just enjoy how you guys do so much here!

Upvote 0
I'm feeling quite old right now lol.... but then again I started using computers at age 5 so when I saw things like 5 1/4 floppys out there I can relate...

I remember when my cousin got a win95, no log in, or CD win... windows as a start up OS and it was visual!

Sometimes I want to write code and program again... but then I remember how much I hate it when things don't go the way I wanted... like this SD Card recovery post... lol...
So I just enjoy how you guys do so much here!

I was way behind for a long time, :( I had to use hand me down stuff for years and years:mad:

Upvote 0
My first real machine was thrown away, I retrieved it and later loaded windows 3.1 on it.

IBM PC AT (model 5170)
TypePersonal Computer
Release date1984[1]
DiscontinuedApril 2, 1987[1]
Operating systemPC DOS 3.0 and later, OS/2 1.x
CPUIntel 80286 @ 6 and 8 MHz
Memory256 KB ~ 16 MB

Those were in any way mine, they were school property. My first computer was a Compaq Presario

Windows 98
7 GB HDD
64 Mb RAM
And 2 awesome JBL speakers

I manged to send it to hell several times but brought it back by myself...
My parents sold it as soon as I went off to college... :(

I didn't have any other until 4 years ago...

So much memories, I miss that thing... 1372397610723.jpg

Upvote 0
It's funny how a simple object like a PC can evoke such memories. :)

Well I cried when my PS2 died, I feel awful when machines and gadgets cease to work.

I guess when you work really hard to get them you are emotionally attached to the feeling of success more than the possession itself...

Upvote 0
I tried moving the apps and i couldn't it doesnt let me move them also their is nothing that is using that folder its just blank but wont erase.

You could try to backup all your important stuff to a PC or cloud storage and then wipe everything clean, not just factory reset.

Only thing I can think would do the trick.

Because the file is in the phone memory right?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones