• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Taking Names for the new SUPER ROM

I think it should be called Supernova.

The Warp is at pretty much at the end of its life (like a star) and about to die. And its death has apparently resulted in an explosion of ideas and creativity by the community (kind of like how heavier elements are formed during the resulting supernova). And with those ideas and creativity, we can create something completely new.

Or something like that. I don't know. I think Warp Speed is pretty darn nifty too. Haha.

Upvote 0
I think it should be called Supernova.

The Warp is at pretty much at the end of its life (like a star) and about to die. And its death has apparently resulted in an explosion of ideas and creativity by the community (kind of like how heavier elements are formed during the resulting supernova). And with those ideas and creativity, we can create something completely new.

Or something like that. I don't know. I think Warp Speed is pretty darn nifty too. Haha.

That made me think of another: Quasar.

Incidentally, that was the name of a DOS GUI project I started years ago lol

Upvote 0
Looks like the word Phoenix is popular!!!

Couldn't've said it better myself lol

So, I was thinking... what would we call it? First I thought obvious... like "Phoenix" or something. I figured it fits, since this phone has been pronounced dead by several... yet through this ROM it would reinvent itself to live once again. ... Then I thought of "Pyre" which is the thing the Phoenix died upon in legend...

Upvote 0
first post but been addicted to android and the warp..Thanks to every one for the badass Roms the devs on here r second to none..The super rom should be called WARP SPEED or SUPER WARP SPEED.....ala been me up Scotty :)

Welcome to the forum! So... the Warp Addiction bug has bitten another victim lol

Upvote 0
Um... I don't get it lol

What's Maliwan refer to?

Its a borderlands game referense their motto is where form meets function. But the best part is that they are a weapon company that specialized in awesomeness and they are very good at setting things on fire.

I thought that the motto is fitting. And what you guys are doing to the warp I thought it was pretty fitting to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones