• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [BOOT ANIMATION] [MOD] COA - Call of Android

SimsDelt

Android Expert
Aug 4, 2010
Bremen, Georgia
I love the old look of this boot animation, but hated that it wouldn't stay on the screen till the phone fully booted (left you with a blank black screen for a few seconds after the animation). So I edited the desc.txt file and organized the folders to fix that. Now the animation will run fully and then "hang" on the final image till the boot is done. Credits to Crackanug @ XDA for the boot animation, I just edited the files for this purpose. Thank to bouchigo for the template for the flashable.zip.

coaw.gif

Instructions: (for the NON FLASHABLE VERSION)
1.) Download file Here
2.) Download bootanimation.zip from link below (do not unzip it).
3.)Using Root Explorer (or another file browser you use) move the bootanimation.zip file to /data/local/ folder.
4.) Enjoy

Alternate Install instructions: (for the FLASHABLE CW VERSION)
1.) Download file Here
2.) Place PropagandaDX.zip on your SD Card (root of card is fine)
3.) Use Droid X Bootstrapper and boot into recovery
4.) Install .zip from sd card
5.) Choose .zip from sd card
6.) Scroll to PropagandaDX.zip wherever you put it on your SD Card and install it
7.) Reboot phone.

Boot Animation w/ Sound (Old Projector Sound)(Credit to Bouchigo)
1.) Download File Here
2.) Go into bootstrap/cw
3.) Mount system
4.) Install zip from sd card
5.) Reboot and enjoy animation with sound

Files:

Call of Android Boot Animation (NOT FLASHABLE)

Propaganda Boot Animation Flashable for DX (FLASHABLE in CW)

Progaganda Boot Animation Flashable for DX w/ Sound (FLASHABLE in CW)

Wow... 30 downloads already... hope y'all are liking this.

Its definitely sweet. I just put it on my friends r2d2 also. I wondered why more people didn't do boot ani mods. I assumed they were pretty tough or time consuming. Then today I stumble across this 1 and a few others at droid forums. I think I'm going to try to get into developing once I get my computer built. I'm sure I'll be on here constantly bugging all of you that already know what you're doing.

Upvote 0
Boot animations are just time consuming. You have to make each frame. Or have to decompile some video you want to us and make it fit right on the screen and then put it all in the right format for people to use. I made a varient of the red rage a while back that had over 300 images to it. Took me 4 hours to just edit the 100+ frames I was choosing to edit. Good luck though. Its all worth it whn the finished product comes out how u wanted it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones