• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bootloader petition to LG (spirit and motion)

Swainsmith82

Android Expert
Aug 10, 2012
Texas
Hey guys I created this petition to Lg on the motion forum, but I've included the spirit in it as well. If y'all don't mind taking a minute to sign we'd all appreciate it. While it may be pointless it may not be as well. We're trying every possible avenue to get this unlocked. Here's the link to the motion forum where you can register and sign...
http://androidforums.com/motion-4g-all-things-root/737912-bootloader-petition-lg.html
Thanks for all that try...

I don't have either of these phones, but I do believe that if you bought it, then it is yours. With that being said, with it being your property you should have complete control over it. If we do not speak out about the loss of control in our life we will loose even more. No I am not just talking about a phone with that last statement. A right is not granted, it is earned.

Upvote 0
perhaps you guys should petition to dan rosenberg instead.

oh and you guys are welcome :p

I couldn't find an email address... Chaz Abbott was the only high up email I could find in the mobile division. Ill research the name you provided.. THANKS.

EDIT: I just researched Dan Rosenberg.. So looks like I or someone else can start a petition to him as well... Thanks Shabby

EDIT: I started a thread on the motion atr forum asking for someone to start the petition.. Im still keeping up with the LG petition so I'd prefer if someone else can get this one going. Thanks

Upvote 0
Sweet it's not a true unlock but from what I'm seeing it will do the job. Im glad we all got to talking bootloader again and have gotten somewhere!!

actually it was nothing you guys did. the lg og people were offering 800 bucks for an unlock. i got the motion people to start up a bounty in hopes of him porting it to the motion, you guys got tossed in too because sammyz asked me if it would be possible to get the spirit added on.

keep in mind any and all work that comes of this (recovery, cm, custom kernels) is all because of dans work. should you feel as though being able to actually mod your device is worth some money

http://goo.gl/zBGb0

there is his paypal, make sure to mention in the notes that you are thanking him for the loki spirit addition.

im sure in time someone here will figure out how to use loki and work on it for you guys, in the meantime im gonna go back to helping the motion people out.

Upvote 0
actually it was nothing you guys did. the lg og people were offering 800 bucks for an unlock. i got the motion people to start up a bounty in hopes of him porting it to the motion, you guys got tossed in too because sammyz asked me if it would be possible to get the spirit added on.

keep in mind any and all work that comes of this (recovery, cm, custom kernels) is all because of dans work. should you feel as though being able to actually mod your device is worth some money

there is his paypal, make sure to mention in the notes that you are thanking him for the loki spirit addition.

im sure in time someone here will figure out how to use loki and work on it for you guys, in the meantime im gonna go back to helping the motion people out.

I actually own a motion.. In no way am I saying i got this done nor do I take credit. Im mainly on the motion forum, I only posted here to spread word of the petition I created to LG because I included the Spirit on it. We appreciate all that is done it just seems talks of a bootloader had died on the motion forum so I started a few threads asking about ideas on how we could try different things and also started a petition not too long after yall saved the day. Thank you for all the help!

Upvote 0

Thanks a shit load shabby. Always coming through.

Upvote 0
Most likely PG will now make a cwm.lok file that we can flash to have a true custom recovery.

Already done and tested and confirmed working. ;)

I'm going to test for the Motion too and then make any needed adjustments to my repos.

And then see if lokifying the imgs can be added to the build process via the devices tree so cwm touch can be built and both be made official. Will have to study on all this tho.

At any rate, should have something for yall today/night.

Any dont forget to thank bliss for making all this possible. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones