• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bricked my XT1068? I can't even install any ROM...

Hello everyone!

Today I decided to change from Dalvik to ART. Phone restarted couple of times and was always stuck on "Android is upgrading". When it finally came to the unlock screen I unlocked it and then I got some error (Everytime I unlocked it). So that happened every time after I rebooted my phone. And after some time I think my battery went to 0% and I had to connect it and then I couldn't even get to the locked screen. Phone got stuck after Motorola animation and black blank screen appears.

I looked online to see what's the problem and saw that many people fixed this with flasing ROM, so I decided to do it myself. I unlocked the bootloader and tried to do some recovery with erasing cache and nothing works. I downloaded some ROMs includiding stock 4.4.4 and installed in command prompt with some fastboot commands like this:

fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash logo logo.bin
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash boot boot.img
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk1
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk2
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk3
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot-moto-windows.exe erase modemst1
fastboot-moto-windows.exe erase modemst2
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot-moto-windows.exe erase cache
fastboot-moto-windows.exe erase userdata

Everything went smoothly but still when I turned on my phone it was still stuck at blank screen after animation.

I saw many other ways to do it including (ADB) but I'm noob at all this and tried something but I'm not sure which one to do cause there is so many guides.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!

Hello everyone!

Today I decided to change from Dalvik to ART. Phone restarted couple of times and was always stuck on "Android is upgrading". When it finally came to the unlock screen I unlocked it and then I got some error (Everytime I unlocked it). So that happened every time after I rebooted my phone. And after some time I think my battery went to 0% and I had to connect it and then I couldn't even get to the locked screen. Phone got stuck after Motorola animation and black blank screen appears.

I looked online to see what's the problem and saw that many people fixed this with flasing ROM, so I decided to do it myself. I unlocked the bootloader and tried to do some recovery with erasing cache and nothing works. I downloaded some ROMs includiding stock 4.4.4 and installed in command prompt with some fastboot commands like this:

fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash motoboot motoboot.img
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash logo logo.bin
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash boot boot.img
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk1
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk2
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash system system.img_sparsechunk3
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
fastboot-moto-windows.exe erase modemst1
fastboot-moto-windows.exe erase modemst2
fastboot-moto-windows.exe flash fsg fsg.mbn
fastboot-moto-windows.exe erase cache
fastboot-moto-windows.exe erase userdata

Everything went smoothly but still when I turned on my phone it was still stuck at blank screen after animation.

I saw many other ways to do it including (ADB) but I'm noob at all this and tried something but I'm not sure which one to do cause there is so many guides.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I would really appreciate it!
Thanks!
sheesh this is bad news for me, this post is from all the way back in Febuary and no updates ;( I've got the same issue as you now

I get the motorola animation and then the black blank screen and cna;t get past it no matter whta
can't seem to flash a stock firmware or a recovery image

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones