• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Browser very laggy after 2.0.1 update?

I am having lag issues without the update. I notice the browser doesn't seem to query the 3g network when loading and seems to give up after a little while. Some sites will work better.

I suspect even that Google is limiting (cyber warfare) yahoo sites/mail too and notice conncections to that time out. When surfing to other sites I see no lag and load times are fine.

Hmmmmm.....

Upvote 0
I have done a hard reset and factory reset after the up date and I'm still suffering from noticable scrolling lag on certain websites. Do you think reinstalling the update could fix this? I got my update from my phone I did not froce update. Should I do a force update?

i did the manual update and i also have the lag on both stock browser and dolphin, so it doesn't seem like it matters if you did it one way or the other.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response after the factory reset. As for the lag before the update, yes there was always a liittle lag. The lag we are talking abouh is noticeably worse. It is very bad on this forum and phandroid, but when i go to androidcentral.com everything is fine with almost no lag at all.

Upvote 0
lag seems to occure only for certain sites AND certain parts of certain sites. like ign.com, it would only be laggy at the top of the page with their flash animations, but once you scroll down past that part its smooth again. noticed this for engadget.com as well. top of the page with lots of graphics lags but scrolling down further has less lag. androidforums.com though has tons of lag all over. the whole site lags.

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble reproducing it on any other site than Phandroid with the stock browser.

Dolphin has trouble on more sites it seems.

Maybe would could start a list of what sites are causing it? I can update the list and post it to the google code report

Stock Browser:
- Phandroid.com/Androidforums.com
- Wretling sites
- facebook
- any graphically intensive sites

Dolphin:
- Phandroid.com/Androidforums.com
- Engadget
- graphically intensive sites especially with form fields

Upvote 0
Engadget seems to be the biggest culprit for me but I have yet to notice any slow down on any other sites. On Engadget most of the lag happens on top where the flash ads and graphic intensive areas are but below that my scrolling is perfect. This could be more of a website issue than the browser itself. My 0.02 anyways.

Upvote 0
Just read over at CNet that a Firefox Mobile is working its way through the pipeline and should be available shortly for (most) all mobile platforms, including Android. Anxiously awaiting it, and AdBlock since ads are merely annoying on the desktop, downright painful on the Droid (due to bandwidth and screen real estate limitations).

PittCaleb

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones