• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Build.prop changes not doing anything?

I tweaked the torch intensity in the Build.Prop file, and nothing has changed even after two reboots. I'm running "BIONIC-CM9-SELFKANG-02-29" and I've used rootexplorer to edit the two values (torch intensity and flash intensity). Is there something more I have to do to edit system/build.prop? I just pressed save and exit and it showed the changes in the file after reboot, yet my flashlight LED still is incredibly bright and heats up.

I recommend 'tiny flashlight + led' from the market, just search for 'flashlight'. You can dock it to the lockscreen and turn it on without unlocking. It works very well, but I noticed I can't turn it off with the power button, I have to hit the 'back' key.

...?

The flashlight works, but it way to hot and I'm afraid it will burn out my LED. So I edited the build.prop and it still hasn't changed. It's not a problem of getting a flashlight app that works.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones