• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Building themes

cougar214

Android Expert
Feb 9, 2011
Can someone point me in the direction of some good theme building tutorials? Preferably tutorials that are dumbed down so noobs like me can understand it? I have found tutorials on this subject but they do not explain things in detail.

Would it be at all possible to add theming tutorials to this section? If there are any please forgive my ignorance, I spend all my time in the "all things root" section.

I have been trying to learn to theme but with all the info scattered all over the net and the tutorials not providing enough information i have been having one hell of a time trying to learn.

I need to know the bare minimum programs I need installed, how to set them up(step by step), and What to start with first. I would like to start small(gotta learn to walk before I can run) with learning how to make my own icons. Then move on to bigger things.

For that I would need to know what programs to use, how to set them up, how to sign/resign them, and how to wrap them up into a zip file for flashing. I hope I'm not asking for too much here. Thanks guys for any help you can give.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones