For people on provider financing, do you think it makes more sense to wait it out 6-12 months until the price comes down and/or your old phone is paid off, or just buy it now while pre-order promos exist instead of making extra payments into the void? Specifically, I'm on 12 months into an AT&T Next every year plan on a galaxy s7 edge, which means I've paid the minimum to trade in for a new phone. I still owe AT&T just under $400, which they would write off if I sent the phone back. Ebay prices didn't look promising. Samsung I think would give me $300 (I was not a Note 7 owner) and other trade-in options I looked at hovered in the $200 range. I'm leaning towards pre-ordering. Every month I wait, that write-off price is going down about $33 and I am doubtful the Note 8 price will drop faster than that. If I was only a couple months away from being paid off, I might feel differently though.