• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying a Fascinate on eBay - any tips?

spiff72

Oct 9, 2009
Hey all...

Was thinking about buying a Fascinate off eBay in the hopes of getting a no contract phone for less than $400. Or $300. :D

Are there any red flags to look out for other than very low feedback scores of a seller? As I look, I always make sure they say that the ESN/MEID is clean...not sure if this really means anything though...

Also - if I did this, could I still go to a VZW store for warranty service (and get replacement phone if I have issues down the road)?

Thanks!

Clear MEID is uber importante! It's the most important thing, unless you're shopping for a paperweight. Lol.

Squaretrade.com sells warranties on phones purchased on eBay at very reasonable prices. $20 something dollars for a two year warranty is good. :)

Sorry - I realize that it is important. When I said that I wasn't really sure if that meant anything, what I should have said was "they can say anything they want to". I don't know if that is really true - just seems like EVERYONE says that! And I will look at the squaretrade and insurance options.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
In addition to a clean ESN/MEID, you need to make sure that the ESN/MEID is not "activated" or assigned to someone's number. I just ran into this yesterday off a Craigslist purchase. Luckily the woman was willing to work with me, and met up with me again to sort the issue out. Had she not been willing, I would have been stuck with a paperweight, or a nice music player...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones