• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying an Android Phone at an AT&T Store Question

Nomsickle

May 7, 2011
Hi. I am going to buy my first android phone sometime soon on AT&T. I have always been a huge fan of phone setups and first boots. I would like to do this in the comfort of my home. So I have a question. If you buy a phone in the AT&T store, do they go through the setup process for you or can you opt out and bring it home. And if so, how do i go about this? Thanks...

Yeah I never have them do anything but just upgrade my line they get the imei off the phone box and that's it. They will ask if you want them to help set it up, I just say no ill do it and walk out with the phone still in the box. So just tell them you will take care of the setup and whatnot you just need them to upgrade your line and activate the phone

Upvote 0
Yeah I never have them do anything but just upgrade my line they get the imei off the phone box and that's it. They will ask if you want them to help set it up, I just say no ill do it and walk out with the phone still in the box. So just tell them you will take care of the setup and whatnot you just need them to upgrade your line and activate the phone

Ok. Thanks a million! Can't wait to get my first Android! I'm so tired of my 3GS!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones