• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Buying an Unlocked S2 from Europe, using on At&t in U.S

I've just heard from that At&t/samsung event that while referring to the Infuse that "Samsung is predicting this will be its summer blockbuster."

I will not wait until the end of summer with my no data bb curve. So will an unlocked S2 out of the box work on Att network?

And any preferred sites to do this through (I will at least wait until the 24th event, so it'll be cheaper and maybe coming to US sooner)

Edit: cheapest seems to be on clove.co.uk for about $725. And it does work on att network

The GSII is HSPA+ 21Mbps out of the box. It'll go as fast as the nearby AT&T tower will permit. So by all accounts, yes, it is compatible with AT&T's fake 4G. The key is the UMTS frequency support being compatible, and it is.

this is correct. it has category 14 HSDPA and category 6 HSUPA, just like the newly announced Infuse 4G. so it will work.
as soon as the Infuse 4G was announced, that's exactly what i was looking for to confirm it would work on AT$T's network and be compatible with their "4G" network.

this is the route i'm going as well. partially because i won't sign a contract with them, and partially because i don't want to wait for T-Mo to get it.

edit: sorry, i meant category 14 HSDPA
so 21.1 theoretical down and 5.76 theoretical up

Reactions: DT
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones