1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Buzzy/loud and weak vibrator

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkc120, Dec 12, 2013.

1. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

There seem to be quite a few people reporting this on XDA and I found some youtube videos showing the symptom that my phone (and its replacement) both have:

Nexus 5 Loud Vibration - YouTube

Nexus 5 Keyboard noisy and strong vibration - YouTube

I hear people saying this is "normal" but I have a friend with one that sounds like the quiet one in the 1st youtube link. I know the vibrator used is different than other phones, but I really find it hard to believe this buzzing/whirling noise is normal. 4.4.2 helped with the feel of the haptic feedback, but the noise of the vibrator is a hardware thing, right? No amount of software is going to make it quiet (short of disabling it entirely lol).

I didn't see a thread here about this, so I figured I'd see if anyone here has one that sounds like an engine revving up like that or if I've just been unlucky and gotten two defective devices!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

My vibrator is pretty weak.

3. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

Is it loud, too? Mine feels like it WOULD be strong if it were attached properly.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert

5. jkc120

jkc120 Android Expert

Ok, sounds like you don't have this problem then. Mostly this is an issue with motor noise from it. It actually isn't that weak I guess, just VERY loud and like it's having trouble getting revved up or something, hard to explain but the youtube videos demonstrate it.

Nexus 5 Forum

The Nexus 5 release date was November 2013. Features and Specs include a 4.95" screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon 800 processor, 2300mAh battery, and 2GB storage.

November 2013
Release Date
Reviews