• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bye-bye Droid:(

Sorry dude, but the guy lives in outside of Seattle, not in Queens. Also, I'm quite sure that there is a security capability that you simply weren't aware of. I can say that with confidence because you didn't wait until, say, the next day to put it "right back in the box".
No?

There is no security capability. At all. You do get priority over the device if you're on the Managed Access List. The device can handle 3 calls and one emergency call simultaneously and if 3 random strangers are using the device and you want to make a non-emergency call it'll kick them off. But they can still leech well over 200kb/s throughput of data at any given time from your internet.

I didn't do my research when buying the device. That's why I put it "right back in the box" on the same day and knew what I was doing; I was searching online for a way to secure the device and discovered that quite frankly, there was no way. It's pretty well-known, but I don't want someone else making a blind purchase like I did and then being forced to return a stupidly-designed product.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones