1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Calendar Time Zone Changes Event Times

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by raptorjrf, Nov 26, 2009.

1. raptorjrf

raptorjrf Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Is there a way to keep the Droid (Google) calendar from adjusting event times each time I go into a different time zone ?

I live in the Pacific Time Zone, and enter all my events at home. When I travel, the calendar "adjusts" the event time by the number of hours difference between PST and the time zone I am in. This is frustrating, since I then need to mentally calculate the time back to PST.

Does anyone know a way to defeat this feature ?

john

Advertisement

2. Plakius

Plakius Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Los Angeles/NYC
    did you figure this out John?

3. 714tman

714tman Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I had this same problem.

Go to Settings>Date & Time and uncheck Automatic.

4. Plakius

Plakius Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Los Angeles/NYC
    if you unchecking automatic is not a fix .... because now that i am in nyc my twitter and facebook are 3 hours behind .... iphone has a option called time zone support that keeps your calendar in your timezone ... we need that

5. dscha

dscha New Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Same issue. I have following setup:
    Mac runs on european time, galaxy S runs on UK time. With spanning sync i send ical appointments from mac to google calendar. android syncs with google calendar. Since android phones is on UK time, all appointments are 1 hour off.

on the iphone it works perfectly with the time zone support switch.

Any ideas welcome!

thanks
    Dietmar

EDIT: problem solved.

6. pderkay

pderkay New Member

Jan 8, 2012
    May I know how this was fixed?

I have a school calendar and a private calendar. Both set to (-6 time zone)... I went on vacation to a (+1) and when creating new events on the browser gmail calendar, it was showing up with messed up times on my Galaxy Nexus.

Thanks

7. squaredeal

squaredeal New Member

Mar 11, 2012
    I have been looking for a fix for this forever. Today just found Calengoo app on the market that solves this problem. Also had a problem with my phone not showing events older than a month although they were on my google calendar. This solved this problem as well. Hope it helps.