• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just replaced my Samsung Galaxy S3 with this phone and I must say I do like it.

One feature that I do miss, that Samsung had, was the ability to block the annoying telemarketer calls. I can't find the feature anywhere and from what I have been reading there is no consistent way that this feature is applied across the Android ecosystem.

I would like to verify that there is nothing built in that I am missing. Lacking a built in feature, is there an app that worthwhile, paid or not, that will do the same thing.

Thanks for any help.

Hi I just wanted to help you as much as I can. As far as I'm aware stock kitkat doesn't have a built in feature unless Motorola added something extra. I don't own this phone, so maybe they did. However since I don't have that as a built in feature I use cm security it has a feature for blocking calls and sms. Sorry I'm not more help. I hope I helped at least some.
Anthony.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure about the Droid Turbo, but with the Droid Maxx I have a contact called Spammer Zz (last name "Zz" so it's at the bottom of my contact list). Any call from a number I don't recognize I will long press in the recent calls list and add that number to Spammer Zz. The Spammer Zz contact - I opened it, press the overflow menu control top right, "All calls to voicemail".

Does the Turbo still offer that functionality?

Upvote 0
Hi, I recently switched to LG phone that I found out did not have the call blocker feature. Good thing a friend of mine suggested I get the free call blocker app by Callercenter.com and I did. It works for me, helps me filter incoming calls. I get to choose whether to send blocked calls to voicemail or immediately disconnect them. Think you should get it, too.

Upvote 0
Verizon does have call blocking through them (online) and you can add/subtract numbers to it. One feature is block all 800#'s. Geez, I must not be popular, I just don't get that many. Even during the busy election cycles!!

I am on the don't call list and also I have HTC that allows easily to Block Contact. I am thinking the Send to VM option might do the same thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones