• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera App Interface

droidros

Android Enthusiast
Oct 10, 2010
DC Metro Area
Something changed with the latest version of the default camera app. The icons and shutter button are overlayed on a darkened background which takes up a quarter of the screen! This makes it difficult to frame a wide (16:9) picture because the overlay partially obscures the right side of the picture. It seems totally unnecessary - the icons were just as easy to see without being on an overlay. And why does it take up so much space? Is there any way to get rid of it?
camera (789x448).jpg

Reactions: anwarqais991
Which camera app do you recommend?

I really like this app except for the stupid screen overlay. I don't know why they changed it. The screen shot I posted doesn't look as bad as it actually is. Sometimes the overlay is really dark and it's very hard to see the whole picture.
I have Cambi, Grumo that shoots into burst mode, and does not have that flickery images you used in the camera app.

Cambi is a multicolored camera app,
IMG_1546181130367_yew.jpg
as seen in the purple image up here.

Grumo is:
Cam20190107_141342_00028288_00000053.jpg

Reactions: droidros
Upvote 0
Which camera app do you recommend?

I really like this app except for the stupid screen overlay. I don't know why they changed it. The screen shot I posted doesn't look as bad as it actually is. Sometimes the overlay is really dark and it's very hard to see the whole picture.
well there are a lot of good camera app available in market like
  • Google Camera Port
  • A Better Camera
  • Camera FV-5.
  • Camera MX.
  • DSLR Camera Pro.
  • Footej Camera.
  • Manual Camera.
  • ProShot.

Reactions: droidros
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones