• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Camera No Longer Auto Focuses Close Objects

SeattleYanksFan

Android Expert
Mar 1, 2010
USA
I've had my Incredible for just over 9 months and have taken hundreds of pictures. All of a sudden, my camera won't autofocus objects up close. It brings them into focus, and then before it finishes setting, the objects get blurry again. I have tried playing with a few settings to no avail. I am far from a photography expert. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated!

I've had my Incredible for just over 9 months and have taken hundreds of pictures. All of a sudden, my camera won't autofocus objects up close. It brings them into focus, and then before it finishes setting, the objects get blurry again. I have tried playing with a few settings to no avail. I am far from a photography expert. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated!

I have this issue too, and it's maddening. I just tried about a dozen times to take a picture of something on my hand, moving it farther and farther away. Apparently my arms length isn't long enough to get this thing to focus.

Any ideas? Bueller?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones