• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Camera not working, freezes the whole phone and makes it restart each time I open it

HikariHan

Lurker
Mar 6, 2017
I have LGG3 D855 MM stock rom, before I've had fulmics rom and that's when the problem started happening, figured a clean wipe and going back to stock rom would solve the issue but it didn't.
Flashlight won't work, tried other camera apps but it always fails.
Sometimes the camera starts working for a fraction of a second then it seizes to work and freezes the whole phone making it restart.
Figured it might be a hardware problem, but can a hardware problem with the camera freeze the phone? I don't really know, sorry.
Can anyone please help?
Tried re-rooting the device and installing fulmics rom, still no luck, tried installing V10 camera app, nothing new.
Update: Front camera works sometimes but the image seems stretched, also it crashes after seconds and goes to black screen then freezes the whole phone sometimes making it restart by itself.
Tried the force stop and clearing cache and data trick in both camera and gallery and still no luck.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones